Many buyers make home buying decisions based primarily upon emotional reactions to the homes we show them. A freshly-painted house with clean windows and waxed floors will sell for top dollar, while a nearby home which needs a lot of cosmetic attention may languish on the market, even with a much lower asking price.
If you find yourself in the position of comparing two such houses, put your imagination to work. If the only difference is paint, cleaning, and carpeting (or getting unsightly furniture moved out), remember that these are fairly low ticket items that you would probably choose to do even if the house is in good shape. If you focus your attention on the location and the condition of the structure and the major systems, you may be able to get a "not-very-rough" diamond at a great price. If cosmetic problems make you nervous about the home, the structural inspection can answer most of your questions.
To Learn More, Contact Bill Cullin Today.
Call or text Bill Cullin at 302-841-7147
Your Real Estate Source at the Delaware Beaches
Toll Free: 1-800-GO-BEACH, ext. 117
Long and Foster | Christies International Real Estate
37156 Rehoboth Avenue Ext, Suite 5
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware 19971
• Top Individual Agent Long & Foster Rehoboth Office for 13 consecutive years
• Long & Foster’s Top Selling Individual Agent in the entire State of Delaware for 2 consecutive years
• Long & Foster’s Top Selling Individual Agent in the Coastal Region for 3 consecutive years
• Five Star Professional Award Winning Sales Agent (based on client surveys) for 6 consecutive years
• Member of Long & Foster’s Gold Team. Founders Club Level, with sales volume of 10 to 20 million dollars per year. For 6 consecutive years.
• Zillow.com and Trulia.com 5 Star Professional 10 Consecutive years with Best of Zillow designation be awarded last year. Click Here for see client reviews online
• Top Selling Agent at The Henlopen Condominiums over the past 13 years