Southwest Steak Fajita Recipe - Made with Heartbreaking Dawns 1542 Southwest Habañero Sauce from Peppers.com
February 13, 2018
- 1 1/2 pounds skirt steak
- 1 packet fajita seasoning
- 1/4 cup Heartbreaking Dawns 1542 Southwest Habañero Sauce
- Juice of 3 limes, plus wedges for serving
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for the grill
- 4 bell peppers (red, orange and/or yellow), thinly sliced
- 2 red onions, thinly sliced
- 8 to 12 flour tortillas
- Shredded cheddar cheese and chopped fresh cilantro, for topping
- Put the steak in a large resealable plastic bag. Add the juice of 1 lime, 1 tablespoon olive oil, fajita seasoning and Heartbreaking Dawns 1542 Southwest Habañero Sauce; seal the bag and rub the spice into the meat. Refrigerate 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Toss the bell peppers and red onions with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, the juice of the remaining 2 limes and 1 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Add to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender and charred around the edges, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Preheat a grill to medium high and brush the grates with olive oil. Grill the steak 3 to 5 minutes per side for medium rare. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest 5 to 10 minutes.
- Warm the tortillas as the label directs. Slice the steak against the grain and season with salt. Serve on the tortillas with the onions and peppers; top with cheese and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.
Check out all of our great sauces and spices at www.Peppers.com
Heartbreaking Dawns 1542 Southwest Habañero Sauce