HeartWish Healing Center, located in downtown Rehoboth Beach at 301 G Rehoboth Ave., is the expanded version of HeartWish Massage & Bodywork that has been in operation since summer 2013. Along with Swedish, deep tissue and prenatal massages, Reiki, chakra balancing, and reflexology, the center now offers Shiatsu, bellydance, yoga, and Reiki classes. Workshops, trainings, free community lectures, and a variety of classes are also part of owner/director Greer Thompson’s vision for the healing center.
Bellydance classes are offered every Wednesday at 6 p.m., and every Thursday at 6:30 p.m. Yoga classes will begin Monday, March 11. Yoga instructors Jenne Kaufman, Kristan Cunningham, Stacy LaMotta and Susan Maddox will be teaching weekly classes.
More offerings will be added this spring. Go to www.heartwishmassage.com for the complete practitioner listing and yoga class schedule. Call 302-727-5501 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule or for any questions.
Upcoming events include:
• Every Wednesday at 6 p.m. and every Thursday at 6:30 p.m., The Art of Bellydance with Katerina
• Saturday, March 9: 7 to 8:30 p.m., Sound Healing Ceremony with Julie Fisher and Chrissy Erhardt of Zenna Wellness in Berlin, Md. Wear comfortable clothes. $40
• Tuesday, March 11: 6:30 p.m. Shiatsu Talk with Katherine Braun. Learn what it is and how it may be of benefit. A meridian stretch demonstration and self-care techniques will be offered, free event.
• Saturday, March 16: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Sunday, March 17, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., HeartWish Healing Center exhibit at the DE Resorts Health Expo at Cape Henlopen High School in Lewes, free event.
• Tuesday, March 19: 7 p.m., Spring Equinox Full Moon Reiki Prayer Circle for Global Peace and Healing, free event.
• Friday, March 29 to Sunday, March 31: Three-day intensive training in Vedic Thai Bodywork with world-renowned Mukti/Michael Buck, founder of The Vedic Conservatory in Delray, Fla., 24 CEUs, NCBTMB approved. $400
• Sunday, March 31: 9 to 10:30 a.m. Tratak Meditation - Reactivate Your Pineal Gland. Donation-based.
• Friday, April 5: 7 to 9 p.m., Hot Mama Clothing Swap - Bring gently used clothing, accessories and shoes to swap out for something just like new. Leftover items will be donated locally.
• Sunday, April 28: noon to 5 p.m., The Intuitive You! with Angela Bixby, psychic medium and intuitive development coach. Hone intuitive abilities and learn exercises to help develop them. $125.