The congregation of Israel United Methodist Church and the Delaware Historical Markers Program recently unveiled a new marker commemorating the church’s long history in the Belltown community. Israel United Methodist Church was established in 1840, and the congregation has worshipped in its church on Plantation Road since 1916. The Rev. Marjorie Belmont-Burns welcomed attendees along with Delaware Public Archives Director Stephen Marz. The marker was funded by Rep. Pete Schwartzkopf, D-Rehoboth Beach, and Sen. Ernie Lopez, R-Lewes.