- Mill Pond Garden’s popular Garden of Lights show will open with viewing appointments from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., Sunday, Nov. 29, and Friday, Dec. 4. In 2019, more than 2,500 visitors enjoyed the show. To purchase tickets or subscribe to receive email notice of other open nights for the light show, go...
- The ghost of Christmas presents is here yet again, and the fabulous foodie in your life deserves the best. Since foodies often tend to vary in width throughout the year, they certainly don’t need clothes as gifts. And you can easily shop local to make the season something they can sink their teeth...
- COVID-19 may have caused the cancellation of Rehoboth Beach’s annual Tree Lighting and Sing-Along at the Bandstand, but there will still be a Christmas tree bringing holiday shoppers cheer. The 40-foot-tall blue spruce, donated by Lewes couple Jerry and Paula Owens, was installed Nov. 18. The move...
- After more than two years in one of the smallest retail locations in Rehoboth Beach, record store Extended Play has tripled its size with a recent move to the Village By The Sea shopping center. Owner Steve Fallon opened Extended Play in July 2018 in the space next to Dos Locos Stonegrill. At the...
- The Milton Garden Club will be selling fresh green wreaths, bundles of greens, grave blankets, mailbox covers, small arrangements, centerpieces with or without candles, and other holiday greenery from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 28 and Dec. 5, in the courtyard at 115 Union St. Sales will move...
- In many ways, finding the tree for Rehoboth Beach’s annual holiday celebration is the easy part. It’s moving the tree that’s the hard part, which is why it takes a dedicated team of professionals, volunteering their time, to make it happen. The tree-moving team consists of three companies – John L...
- Damien Golden, owner of design company iKANDE Advertising based in Bethany Beach, said she is grateful to be celebrating its 14th anniversary even though business is down this year due to COVID-19. “Even though business is half of what it was a year ago, I consider us fortunate to celebrate being...
• Chances to win shopping spree starts Nov. 23
• Food pantry to distribute in Milton Nov. 24
• Division of the arts seeks public input through Nov. 25
• Kick off holidays at Dewey Sip & Shop Nov. 27-29
• Unique gifts at Rehoboth holiday market Nov. 28
• Holiday greenery sales to start Nov. 28
• Milton Arts Guild holiday market to start Nov. 28
• VIA to sell gift baskets at farmers market Nov. 28
• Gift ticket specials for Holiday Joy Dec. 3
• Holiday bazaar online until Dec. 4
• ‘A Nice Family Christmas’ to open Dec. 4
• Neighbors seek 100th birthday cards by Dec. 5
• Angel tree gifts due Dec. 5
• Millsboro to host Christmas parade Dec. 5
• Virtual Christmas Tour of Lewes Dec. 5
• Overfalls Foundation auction runs until Dec. 6
• Women’s Club of Milton bake sale Dec. 12
• Vintage T-shirt quilt raffle ends Dec. 13
• Holiday art gallery open until Dec. 23
Cassie Gotto-White is a gamer, communications professional and coffee lover. She discovered her passion for video games at age six when she was given an NES Top Loader. Her current main console is a PlayStation 4, but she also owns a Nintendo Switch and Xbox One. She considers herself to be a single-player games advocate, and some of her favorite games are The Last of Us, the Uncharted series, the Yakuza series and Night in the Woods. Follow her at cgottowhite on Instagram and Twitter, and add her on PSN: unleash-the-bats.