- Local junior sailor Alden Durrell of Rehoboth Beach, representing both Proteus and Annapolis Yacht Clubs, recently competed in two national-level events, including the USODA 2021 New England Championships in Newport, R.I. (Sail Newport), and the USODA2021 Southeastern Championships in Charleston, S...
- Crooked Hammock Brewery is getting into the holiday spirit. The restaurant on Kings Highway, Lewes, hosted The Let It Snow Family Fest on Dec. 12, complete with a gingerbread house contest and visits with Santa. Crooked Hammock will cover its popular backyard in artificial snow during the holiday...
• Living nativity Dec. 23
• Buy dinner dance tickets by Dec. 26
• Christmas services through Dec. 26
• Slam Dunk to the Beach Dec. 27-29
• No Spare Time to play Dec. 30
• Christmas tours until Dec. 31
• New Year’s run, walk, plunge Jan. 1
• Local author to sign books Jan. 2
• New year workshop Jan. 2
• Jewelry classes continue Jan. 15
• Boney James in Dover Jan. 16
• Winter birding weekend Jan. 28-30
• Photo Beach Bash Feb. 19, 26
• Photo entries due March 11
• Dover air show May 21-22
Neil Shister, a lifelong journalist who has reported for national publications, has lived part time in Lewes since 2009. He is the author of “Living Lewes,” “Revealing Rehoboth” and most recently, “Radical Ritual: How Burning Man Changed the World.”
Cassie Gotto-White is a gamer, a planner babe, and a boba tea fanatic. She discovered her passion for video games at age six when she was given an NES Top Loader by her aunt. Her current main consoles are the PlayStation 5 and Nintendo Switch. Some of her favorite games include The Last of Us, the Uncharted series, the Yakuza series, Persona 5, and Night in the Woods. Follow her on Instagram at @planningwithcass and YouTube at YouTube.com/PlanningwithCass.