Tavel & Leisure - Why Delaware is the Best State to Retire
The First State offers many perks to retirees, who now make up a fifth of its population.
Delaware may be one of the smallest states, but its beautiful Atlantic Ocean coastline, favorable tax policies, and wellness amenities have made it a popular choice for retirees. According to Census data, almost 21 percent of its population (approximately one million in 2022) consisted of people 65 and over. And Bankrate recently ranked the First State as the second-best state to retire after Iowa, noting that it “combines high-quality healthcare and a light tax burden.” Additionally, Delaware offers its residents a rich history, plenty of quaint small towns and communities full of character, beautiful nature, and proximity to bustling urban areas such as Philadelphia, Washington DC, and New York City.
Unsurprisingly, Delaware’s 25-mile coastline attracts the most interest from retirees.
Click Here to read the entire article by Dobrina Zhekova, a freelance writer with over a decade of editorial experience in Europe and the U.S. She covers luxury travel, art, architecture, and design. Her writing has appeared on InStyle.com, Vogue.com, Elle.com, and more.
Published on Travel + Leisure which is published by Meredith Corporation under license from Travel + Leisure Co. Copyright 2022 Travel + Leisure Co. All Rights Reserved. TRAVEL + LEISURE is a registered trademark of Travel + Leisure Co., registered in the United States and other countries. October 8, 2023.
Your Real Estate Source at the Delaware Beaches
Call or Text: (302) 841-7147
Toll Free: (800) GO-BEACH, Ext 27117
ACCREDITATIONS & AWARDS:
- 2022-3rd Consecutive Year: Overall Top Producing Individual Agent in Delaware at Long & Foster
- 2022-3rd Consecutive Year: Member of the Long & Foster’s Gold Team Master Club Level, with sales volume of over $20-35 million
- 2022-9th Consecutive Year: Five Star Professional Award-Winning Sales Agent
- 2022-16th Consecutive Year: Top Producing Agent at Long & Foster’s Rehoboth Beach Office
- 2022-13th Consecutive Year: “Zillow.com 5 Star Professional”, with “Best of Zillow” designation awarded in 2019
- Top Selling Agent at The Henlopen Condominium in Rehoboth Beach, with well over 40 transactions, exceeding the volume of any team or agent in Delaware
- Homesnap Top 5% Award, based on 202 data from over 1 million Homesnap Pro agents nationwide
Long & Foster Real Estate, Inc.
37156 Rehoboth Avenue Ext, Suite 5
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware 19971
Office: 302-227-2541, Ext 27117