In order to provide needed medical supplies to the healthcare systems in Delaware, eBright Health ACO is hosting donation drop-off locations throughout the state.
The Sussex County event for Beebe Healthcare will be held Wednesday, April 1 through Saturday, April 4, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., at the vacant storefront on the east side (toward Old Orchard Road) of Weis Markets at Five Points. The address is 17232 N. Village Main Blvd., Lewes.
Those who wish to donate items on the supply list should have the items in their trunk. Drive up to the drop-off location and stay in th car. Open the trunk when directed and a volunteer will remove the items. A second volunteer will collect you name and information so that person can be thanked for the donation.
List of supplies being requested:
• Unused face and surgical masks, especially N95 masks
• Eye protectors: safety goggles, safety glasses, clear face shields
• Surgical and medical gloves
• Medical garb, suits, scrubs and isolation gowns
• Cleaning and sanitizer solutions (such as alcohol wipes/pads, bleach wipes, sanitizing wipes)
• Hand sanitizer, including hand sanitizer bottles/pumps/spray bottles
• Brown paper bags and lunch bags
• Alternative respirators that OSHA has given permission to use in healthcare settings during this historic pandemic.
All people at the site are advised to practice social distancing by keeping at least six feet apart. Anyone who is feeling sick should not come to the donation sites.For more information: https://donatede.org.
This with a large quantity of items to donate or if unable to make it to the donation site, fill out the donation form online and someone will respond: https://www.beebehealthcare.org/donation-items-covid-19-relief.
Monetary donations can be made online: https://www.beebehealthcare.org/covid19-relief.