Fire causes $1 million in damage to Rehoboth Beach home

August 17, 2022

An early morning fire Aug. 17 caused about $1 million in damage to a Rehoboth Beach home.

The Delaware State Fire Marshal determined the fire was accidental, caused by an electrical malfunction of fixed branch circuit wiring, officials said.

The fire was reported at 3:56 a.m. at 21 West Side Drive in Rehoboth Beach Yacht and Country Club. Rehoboth Beach Volunteer Fire Co. responded to an automatic fire alarm, and found fire and smoke coming from the home, officials said.

Occupants were alerted by a fire alarm and were able to get out of the home without injury, officials said. No other injuries were reported.

Fire and smoke were visible when firefighters from Lewes, Milton, Bethany Beach and Indian River arrived at the scene. Damage is estimated at $1,000,000, officials said.

Subscribe to the Daily Newsletter