Many kind individuals and businesses have reached out and asked how to help Beebe Healthcare in this time of need.
Beebe Healthcare has launched a COVID-19 Relief Fund for monetary donations. They are also in need of items like personal protective equipment or other medical supplies to be used to prevent the spread of COVID-19) These items will ensure their teams have the supplies they need in the future.
“Beebe is so grateful for the overwhelming response from our community to help us,” said Tom Protack, president, Beebe Medical Foundation. “At this time, the best way you can help us is to stay home, follow the state restrictions and the CDC’s recommendations. The other way you can help us directly, is by making a contribution to our special COVID-19 Relief Fund. Also, many businesses have offered supplies, space, and time. “Again, we are grateful for the outpouring of support. If there was ever a time to consider donating to our community nonprofit hospital, now is the time.”
Emergency funding will directly support the charitable mission of the Beebe Healthcare system. These funds will be used to help purchase medical equipment, supplies, and costs directly associated with patient care enabling our team members to continue to do what it takes to keep everyone safe. As the COVID-19 crisis continues to unfold, needs may increase or change. Members of the community looking to donate a monetary amount can visit www.beebehealthcare.org/covid19-relief.
Items needed if you are looking to donate:
- Unused face and surgical masks, especially N95 masks
- Eye protectors: safety goggles, safety glasses, clear face shields
- Surgical and medical gloves
- Medical garb, suits, scrubs, and isolation gowns
- Cleaning and sanitizer solutions (such as alcohol wipes/pads, bleach wipes, sanitizing wipes)
- Hand sanitizer, including hand sanitizer bottles/pumps/spray bottles
- Brown paper bags and lunch bags
- Alternative respirators that OSHA has given permission to use in healthcare settings during this historic pandemic.
There is a great demand for many of the items listed above. They will be ensuring that all donated items meet the proper safety standards to ensure the safety of team members and patients. For questions about proper materials, reach out to 302-645-3337 or email firstname.lastname@example.org before donating or creating these materials. They will be sharing guidelines soon.
If anyone has personal protective equipment and interested in donating them to the healthcare professionals at Beebe Healthcare, or would like to make a gift to the COVID-19 relief fund, use the information below to contact the coordinator of those area
• Donations of items or food, contact Kim Blanch at email@example.com or call 302-645-3337.
• Monetary Ddonation: contact the Beebe Medical Foundation at 302-644-2900 or www.beebehealthcare.org/covid19-relief.