If you don’t want to miss a minute of the Impeachment Trial, you won’t have time to make meals that are nutritious and satisfying. Here’s how we fortify ourselves in these trying times—IMPEACHMENT SOUP—no chopping, no sautéing, just dump and simmer.
We follow these simple guidelines for a hearty, delicious, sustainable, plant-based soup that nourishes body, mind and spirit:
- Tomatoes - we use 2-14.5 oz cans diced no salt plus 4 cans or more water as needed
- Vegetables - we use 2 lbs frozen mixed vegetables
- Beans- we use 1 cup fast cooking red lentils or 1 or 2 cans no salt beans
- Starch (potatoes or whole grains)- we use 1 cup or 2 frozen diced potatoes, or 1 cup or so barley, instant whole grain rice, quinoa
- Greens - we use 1 cup or 2 fresh or frozen chopped plain greens
- Seasonings - we always use at least 4 Tbls Red Wine Vinegar, 1 Tbls Braggs Aminos, 1 Squirt Hot Pepper Sauce, fresh or dry herbs, salt & pepper to taste.
- Dump all ingredients in soup pot, bring to boil, simmer 1/2 to 1 hour.
- Enjoy with favorite toasted oil-free pita.