A fire burned a townhome July 13 in a neighborhood off Old Landing Road.
Rehoboth Beach Volunteer Fire Company, assisted by Lewes and Indian River firefighters, responded about 8 p.m. after receiving several calls about a blaze in a multi-residential unit on Catalina Circle in the Sawgrass development off Old Landing Road, officials said.
When they arrived, firefighters found smoke and flames coming out the second- and third-story windows, officials said, and they brought the blaze under control in about 30 minutes. Crews remained on scene for about three hours.
Nobody was home at the time of the fire, but a family dog was rescued from the unit, officials said. No injuries were reported. The Delaware State Fire Marshal’s Office determined the fire was accidental and caused by an electrical
malfunction. Damage is estimated at $650,000.