Buyers walk into your home in your area and fall in love with it. There is one problem - they will have to sell their home before they can buy yours. Their offer contains a contingency clause which makes the purchase dependent upon selling their present home. Should you accept such an offer?
Your decision should be based on several factors. Is their home being professionally marketed at this time, or are they trying to sell it themselves (a risky proposition!)? How long has it been on the market? Is it overpriced? If the house doesn't sell, can the buyers take out a bridge loan or make other arrangements to get to the closing table? How important is timing for you? Will the buyers agree to let you continue marketing your home and accept a non-contingent contract (and void theirs) if their house does not sell? Contingent contracts often work out well, but you need the help of a professional to weigh the pros and cons.
f you have any questions about this real estate tip - or any other tips you may have heard elsewhere - please do not hesitate ask! There is no obligation and you'll hear back quickly!
Your Real Estate Source at the Delaware Beaches
Call or Text: (302) 841-7147
Toll Free: (800) GO-BEACH, Ext 27117
ACCREDITATIONS & AWARDS:
- 2022-3rd Consecutive Year: Overall Top Producing Individual Agent in Delaware at Long & Foster
- 2022-3rd Consecutive Year: Member of the Long & Foster’s Gold Team Master Club Level, with sales volume of over $20-35 million
- 2022-9th Consecutive Year: Five Star Professional Award-Winning Sales Agent
- 2022-16th Consecutive Year: Top Producing Agent at Long & Foster’s Rehoboth Beach Office
- 2022-13th Consecutive Year: “Zillow.com 5 Star Professional”, with “Best of Zillow” designation awarded in 2019
- Top Selling Agent at The Henlopen Condominium in Rehoboth Beach, with well over 40 transactions, exceeding the volume of any team or agent in Delaware
- Homesnap Top 5% Award, based on 202 data from over 1 million Homesnap Pro agents nationwide
Long & Foster Real Estate, Inc.
37156 Rehoboth Avenue Ext, Suite 5
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware 19971
Office: 302-227-2541, Ext 27117