When you purchase a property, it usually includes the land and everything attached to it, such as buildings, trees, shrubs, etc. Most buyers are only interested in purchasing the real estate, not the owner's personal property. What happens when personal property has become a part of the real estate? Is it actually a "fixture" which will now convey to the buyer with the real estate?
There are three tests which usually need to be satisfied. Has the personal property been permanently annexed to the real estate? Is it intended to become part of the real estate? What is the local custom? Fixtures may include shades, heaters, ranges, screens, storm windows, lighting fixtures, etc. To save misunderstanding at the closing--and perhaps the sale--it is important that the seller spell out specifically in the sales agreement what will go to the buyer as part of the property.
f you have any questions about this real estate tip - or any other tips you may have heard elsewhere - please do not hesitate ask! There is no obligation and you'll hear back quickly!
Your Real Estate Source at the Delaware Beaches
Call or Text: (302) 841-7147
Toll Free: (800) GO-BEACH, Ext 27117
ACCREDITATIONS & AWARDS:
- 2022-3rd Consecutive Year: Overall Top Producing Individual Agent in Delaware at Long & Foster
- 2022-3rd Consecutive Year: Member of the Long & Foster’s Gold Team Master Club Level, with sales volume of over $20-35 million
- 2023-10th Consecutive Year: Five Star Professional Award-Winning Sales Agent
- 2022-16th Consecutive Year: Top Producing Agent at Long & Foster’s Rehoboth Beach Office
- 2022-13th Consecutive Year: “Zillow.com 5 Star Professional”, with “Best of Zillow” designation awarded in 2019
- Top Selling Agent at The Henlopen Condominium in Rehoboth Beach, with well over 40 transactions, exceeding the volume of any team or agent in Delaware
- Homesnap Top 5% Award, based on 202 data from over 1 million Homesnap Pro agents nationwide
Long & Foster Real Estate, Inc.
37156 Rehoboth Avenue Ext, Suite 5
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware 19971
Office: 302-227-2541, Ext 27117